Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Wise Up Before Time's Up


I was at a funeral home last night for a visitation.  Family and friends gathered together to honor and remember a loved one.

No matter how many times I have seen death, no matter how many times I've been with a loved one when they took their last breath, it always amazes me how we come into life, are full of life, live our life and then exit our life.

Anne was a neighbor of mine.  I saw her on May 23 and was immediately struck by her appearance.  She wasn't the Anne I was used to seeing.  She was wearing a back brace and using a walker to get around.  She was stooped over, gaunt and had lost much weight but she still had that sweet smile on her face like everything's alright with the world.  You could tell she was in considerable pain.

I told her I would come by and do some healing massage.   She looked up at me and smiled.  I didn't know that this would be the last day I would see her.  I found out they admitted her to the hospital the next day and did an MRI.  Anne had Cancer and it had spread throughout her body.  She had only days to live.

She was sent back home and Hospice called in.  On Friday, June 1, at 2:00 p.m., Anne died.

I will always remember Anne and that sweet smile and how everything was right with the world.

Every time she answered the phone she would say, "Praise the Lord."

So today think on these things:  The miracle you are and how you will spend your time here.

We just never know when our time is up.  Spend it wisely.

Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment