Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Friday, December 23, 2022

Humility What is It?

The Artic 

Yesterday was one for the record books.  

Never before have I seen the weather behave the way it did.

Meteorologists warned about a flash freeze and record cold temperatures but actually experiencing one was one for the record books.            

Yesterday morning it was 48 degrees at 9:00 a.m. and then, at 9:51 a powerful and frigid gust front hit.

By 11:00 a.m.it was 23 degrees and an hour later it was in the single digits.

Definition of a "Flash Freeze."  

I have livestock and dogs and it took me 4 days to prepare for this storm:  forking hay into calf chutes, a horse barn and a hoop house, making sure stock tanks didn't freeze, and that I had plenty of feed on hand.    

I'm glad I took the time to do all this as it really paid off (even though I didn't know it at the time I was just working my butt off and praying it would) as it hopefully would mean the difference between animals freezing to death or surviving.        

I was especially concerned with my two little dogs, Max and Pep, so I stuffed their shelter with as much hay as well.  

As darkness fell and the wind calmed down, I noted the frigid temperature - 8 degrees.  

I lit two candles in the living room to keep myself company and cheer up my spirits as I wrapped myself in a warm blanket.

I prayed all night long that I had done enough for my animals and pictured an angel hovering over the doghouse protecting Max and Pep.    

In the morning the first thing I did was go out and check on the two dogs.

I was relieved when I saw both of them emerging from their doghouse to greet me.

All this got me to thinking, the world is changing.

Think about all the shortages we have now, - fuel, heating oil, food and grain, etc.  

These are the staples, the things we have always counted on.  

Look at the weather and how it's changing and the massive winter storm that just impacted most of the country. 

A winter storm so massive and powerful the meteorologists are now admitting they didn't really know just how much of an impact it would have.

Our world, our weather, is changing but so are we.  

And the result is we are beginning to experience humility, "we can't handle everything by ourselves".

That technology and science aren't the answer but something else is.

It is the human spirit realizing that it can't go it alone, that it needs something vastly more powerful in order to get through the challenging times ahead.    

I prayed all night long that I had "done enough."

I pictured an angel hovering over the doghouse protecting my two little companions inside.

I prayed my livestock would make it through to see the light of a new day.  

I told God how much I loved Him.  

*****

We have lost touch with The Creator, but He is rapidly bringing us back into His fold by the painful experiences now taking place.

If you haven't noticed, Humanity is in the midst of massive change.  

We are finding, you cannot reach Wisdom (Understanding) until you fall on your knees.

Sanctuary is where we're headed as we're finally learning that we are not in control, God is.    

Isn't it time we gave credit where credit is due?

It's good to be home, 


  









No comments:

Post a Comment