Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Take Time



Take Time to Smell the Roses

I long for Autumn
  I don't know why
I see myself in a whisper soft white gown
  Curled up into a little ball
next to a warming fire
Laying on the pillow next to me
  is a Red Red Rose
Its scent is beautiful and haunting
  strange yet familiar
Scary yet comforting
  Dew covers its petals
  Somewhere in the cold, cold night
the wind is howling in the frigid void
  I am snug and warm
It feels like death, somehow
  This quiet slipping into the unknown
You’re alone
Minding your own business
  When there’s a knock at the door
A dark shadow appears with its hand outstretched
It quietly presents itself to you
  And....
In the blink of an eye
 Your whole world is transformed
What is life but just one more miserable
  Experience after another?
 How many more blows must I endure
   before I am forced to give up?
Gone for good?
 No one can find me
  Anymore because I am no longer here
My name has been erased from the
  Book of the Living
Only to be found in  
  The Book of the Dead
But wait
  Is this really what Life is all about? 
This constant pummeling of
  Mind and body?
I say that it is not so
  A curtain is over our eyes
We know only sorrow and sadness
  When Happiness comes
We do not recognize it
  Take your beatings
And become stronger, more sure of who you are
  Where you are going
Because of them
  Life is to be experienced
>Savored
>Revered
>Cherised
>Exalted
Not necessarily will we understand
  what is not meant to be understood
But You and I are here
  Make the Most of this journey
Do something Memorable, Grand, Good and Survivable
  For all the rest who are destined to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment