Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Ode to Earth

Planet Earth
This planet we live on is special.  Even the ETs know how beautiful and precious Earth is and have oft remarked about it.  Earth, with its vast oceans, towering mountains, meadows and prairies, dry  deserts, flora and fauna, insects, mammals, reptiles, fresh water, minerals and other species of life.

Each day I walk out my door and look down at the carpet of grass under my feet and then turn to walk into the fragrant pines nearby, inhaling in their perfume and watch songbirds soar to and fro in the warm summer air.  I cannot help but marvel, "how is all of this possible?"

A tiny red rose whose fragrance is beyond measure shyly peeks up at me, a nanny goat who just birthed a little one tenderly caring for it, an old man walking slowly toward his mail box with the help of a neighbor, the wind tousling my hair as I plant a garden seed and expectantly wait and watch as it sprouts and unfolds into a bean, a carrot or a bright yellow sunflower.

~The Miracle of Life~  

We have lost our curiosity, our ability of wonderment down here and need to regain it along with a respect for this planet and the creatures that inhabit it.  Life is so busy now, so crazy now that all we have time for is listening to insane news morning and night, get the kids off to school, go to work, come home, eat, wash dishes, do homework, watch t.v. and go to bed.  Then start the process all over again the next day.  With no time to wonder or question or think about what greets us as we wake up in the morning - the sunrise and what beckons us goodnight - moonrise.  We don't have time to marvel at a rainbow or watch a little fledgling bird take its first flight.

My job here on this planet is that of a caretaker.  I kinda morphed into this through the years and had no idea I'd still be doing this and so late in life but it's what I do.  I take care of livestock, cats, dogs, birds, a vegetable garden, flowers, kids and Grandkids.   

~Ode to Earth~
Wanderer
Nurturer
Birther
Comforter
Healer
Protector
Love
Conscious
Togetherness
Sanctuary
Forgiveness
Patient
Abode
Home
Habitat
Womb
Soul 

I look outside my window
At the sun that's going down
Rays of darkness everywhere
And on people's face a frown
We've lost our way
We're in the fray
But, always, Hope abounds
A man of dreams
Who brings sunbeams
To every one in town
It's coming folks
A new array
So don't be discouraged
Don't be dismayed
By what you see going on
Everyday

https://youtu.be/e5zZVOPzn3A

No comments:

Post a Comment