Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Thursday, December 26, 2019

And the Littlest Among Us

Red Cardinal

Yesterday afternoon, while making Christmas dinner, I heard a loud thud at the dining room window and instinctively knew what it was.

I went outside and saw the red cardinal lying in a pile of leaves.  I walked over and gently picked it up not knowing if it was dead or alive.

As I lifted it up it showed signs of life as I cradled it in my arms, providing warmth.   

One of its feet was crumpled and I straightened it out, all the time talking in a soothing voice to calm it down. 

After a few minutes when I knew it had gained enough strength, I positioned it on my arm. 

It was still unsteady as it recovered, its little black eye constantly blinking as it looked up at me. 

A few more minutes and I knew it was ready to take off.

In an instant it flew away. 

To explain how I felt after this experience, I just really can't put into words.

I think you know what I mean.

     ~ Blessings,
             ~ Nightshade



No comments:

Post a Comment