Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The House





This is the second time I’ve visited this house.   The first time I was alone but someone had accompanied me this time.  Who it was I couldn't tell.  The first time I had trouble navigating through the rooms because I needed to get my bearings.  This time it was different as I had been here before.  Silently, cautiously I glided down the dark passages and past yawning holes.  And there weren’t any Boogeymen to contend with.  Thank Goodness!  I felt at home and embraced the comforting energy that was radiating toward me.  It was warm and welcoming.  This wasn’t a bad house.  It was just very old, in disrepair and smelled of stale, musty bread.  So many forgotten dreams, such neglect.  I wondered what had happened.  Who were the previous owners and where were they now?  Unused, unwanted and cast aside, somehow this forgotten old relic of a house had connected with me.    If only someone had taken the time to care for it.   The rooms were full of muted, grainy light and dark grey shadows.  One minute they’d be there and the next minute they’d be gone.  They played tricks on you.  As I passed the yawning holes, the depth of color was so deep dark and impenetrable that you could lose yourself in it.  The kitchen had floor to ceiling windows at the far end that let in little light because they were so dirty.  It would make quite a difference if someone cleaned them.  I vowed I would do just that on my next trip.  The large kitchen felt oddly familiar, somehow.  Maybe it was reminiscent of my past when I lived with my grandparents on their farm.  Just past the kitchen was a short corridor leading to a massive suite.  You stood in the doorway to the entrance of this room and your eyes couldn’t believe how big it was.  It looked more like a ballroom.  It swallowed you up.  It had wooden floors and way down at the end of the room, on the left side, you could see turn of the century lounging chairs.  You know, the kind that are in the shape of a kidney bean.  They appeared to be a light pink in color.  There were floor to ceiling windows behind the chairs with dark colored drapes that reached to the floor.  Unbelievably there was water lapping softly at the far end.  You could see and hear the sound of waves from where you were standing.  I wasn’t able to investigate just how this was possible and from where this water originated.  It was most curious.      

No comments:

Post a Comment