Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Grass Harp

 
This morning as I was busily weeding in my garden and after an hour of hard work, I heard a faint rustling sound.  I was happily listening to the birds and watching the spirals and quirky entrails of intriguing clouds floating by so I didn't really hear the sound at first.  "Let's see, I thought to myself, I've finished this row now so what about the beans"?  "They look pretty weedy so I better start on them".  Again, a quiet rustle as if someone or something was trying to get my attention.  Have you ever experienced the feeling that someone is behind you, watching you?  I quickly turned around, convinced I'd see a rabbit or some other small animal.  But there was nothing.  I was surprised.  Then I noticed the tall grasses growing in a row next to the metal shed.  All of a sudden they all swayed in unison making the rustling sound I had heard.  It was like they were saying hello.  I was really quite amazed and felt rather comforted.  I acknowledged them.   "Hello", I said it's nice to have company out here."  

No comments:

Post a Comment