Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Monday, June 30, 2014

Compassion


I just carried a little goat up to the shed to shield him from the sun.  It's hot and very humid here which is the norm (according to the Meteorologist) although I feel that the heat is a wee bit earlier this year than last.  We've had a bout of goat sickness the past several weeks but this little one is still hanging on.  His sorrowful bah fills me with sadness as I cannot do anything more for him other than administer electrolytes and talk gently to him.  I lay my hands on him and invoke a prayer for healing.  I believe by doing this it helps to alleviate the animal's suffering.  I have seen much death in my lifetime with animals.  It is never easy to go through this.  Have you ever visited a loved one in the hospital in a coma?  Have you found yourself really not knowing what to do, how to act or how to respond?  "Maybe if I say something, they will hear me or maybe they won't."  It can be kind of awkward.  My personal belief is they will hear you and will also feel your touch on their arm or as you stroke their hair.  Animals are no different as they also experience suffering.  I think Science is just coming around to the opinion that the laying on of hands and soothing talk is actually quite helpful as studies have shown that the patient improves and heals more quickly.  These acts of kindness and compassion are what are needed in this world.  They will also come full circle and enrich your own life.  There are prayers for animals you can recite or you can make up your own.  Prayer and Thoughts are energy--negative thoughts give off negative energy while positive thoughts give off positive energy.   Ultimately the outcome of your life and an animal's life is left in the Creator's hands.  But even if you see signs they are not going to make it, it is a compassionate thing to stay with them and help them through the process of leaving this world. 

Update:  The little kid goat left this earth at 1:14 CST.  He died in my arms which is just the way I wanted as I made a promise to him that I would not leave until he had made the transition from this world to the next.    

No comments:

Post a Comment