Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Along For the Ride


I found myself 'lifting' off the ground with no effort on my part whatsoever.  I was clad in a soft white nightgown and wearing black ballet slippers.  I could feel the air as it started to  envelope me, softly, gently, caressing my face, tousling my hair and ruffling my nightgown.    Yet there was no sound of anything, nothing--no sound at all.  It was like I was in a vacuum.  I continued to ascend--higher, higher, higher--I looked up into the blackness of the unfathomable inky black reservoir that now had me in its grasp and took in the myriad of brilliant stars that formed a connecting canopy over my head--billions upon billions upon billions.  Higher, higher, higher.  Over the tops of houses I floated.  Looking down I passed over gray rooftops and street lights.  I continued ascending for I do not know how long but then, all of a sudden I felt myself slowing down and starting a gentle descent.   It was apparent that I was not in control.  Why, 'I was just along for the ride'!  Down, down, down I continued to descend.  Emerging from the starlight sky I saw a long, deep green expanse of grass ahead of me and saw a man way off in the corner.  He was sitting cross-legged on a large white rock.  He had dark brown wavy hair and I instinctively knew that he could see me as well as I could see him.  He was wearing a white outfit and I can't recall whether it was two pieces (a top and bottom) or one.  He didn't move a muscle from his position but greeted me with a big, sly, grin--you know the kind--that 'knowing' grin like when you were a kid and you stole a piece of candy from the candy jar and looked around to see if anybody was watching; you were really pleased with yourself and just about ready to pop it into your mouth savoring its exquisite sweetness when, out of the corner of your eye you see you have company--it's your big brother and he caught you in the act.  'I'm telling Mom."  And you're now wishing you hadn't and the only thing that comes to mind is "Uh, Oh."  The other clear message he transmitted to me was, "I know who you are but you don't know who I am.  It's not time; you're not quite ready to stay here."  "Why, you're just along for the ride!"  Spirit granted this opportunity to visit but at this time you do not have clearance to stay." Poof!  I was back in bed. 
---
This experience happened many years ago.  I have since learned that it is called an O.B.E.--An Out of Body Experience.  It was most special, beautiful and unforgettable and I wanted to share it with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment