Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Monday, December 7, 2015

Desolation

I told the trees to run
But they didn’t stand a chance
I told the trees to run
To repel a forward advance
I told them not to speak
But silently stand their ground
I told them not to blink an eye
Not to make a sound
I could hear the men approaching
Their weapons at the ready
I could see my friends so gallant, tall
And then I heard them felled and fall
There were sobs and screams and muffled sighs
They didn’t know today they’d die
My heart was breaking
My soul was aching
These giants who had done no harm
Suddenly knew cause for alarm
They weren’t forewarned
They weren’t consulted
But viciously attacked, 
  relentlessly assaulted    
No regard for how old they were
Whether pine or whether fir
All these trees just wanted to do
Was to provide shade and shelter
For me and for you

No comments:

Post a Comment