Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Thursday, June 2, 2016

#16

This is an interesting morning.

There is a gentle and beautiful feel to it, unlike yesterday.    

Today, I see an ancient castle situated at the top of a mountain and at its base, tall and ancient trees with spreading and magnificent canopies.

I can smell dried herbs hanging in shops and the luxuriant scent of pine forests as I happily leap in meadows full of petite yellow wildflowers, the warmth of the sun beaming down upon me.

It feels like liberation to me, a release, completion and rebirth.      

How could I possibly be feeling this way today as yesterday, my nanny goat finally succumbed to pneumonia?

Sadly, I buried her in the late afternoon.

Maybe, just maybe what I am picking up on today doesn't have anything to do with me but what she is experiencing as to where she is now.

She is the one running and frolicking in luxuriant meadows.

She is the one standing outside quaint little shops watching old women, their heads covered, tending to gardens while others sit nearby on wooden stools, busily chattering with one another as they grind fresh herbs into medicinal potions and fragrant potpourris.

Nanny turns around and looks at me and then up at the castle behind her, bright eyes gleaming as she munches on succulent grasses that droop haphazardly from her mouth.

I finally get it.

She is free of her earthly confinement and constraints, happy and carefree now as she has experienced liberation and no longer suffering.  

Free now to run and jump and dance and play.

This is Transition ~ Something we all will experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment