Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Stay the Course

Lovethispic.com
The older I get the more I realize that material things don't matter anymore.

Sure, they're nice to have but they just don't hold as much value as they did when I was younger.

I have to ask myself, why do I need all these trinkets and bling and pots and urns and pictures in the first place?

Because I'm led to believe that things will make me me happy.  

The older I get the more I realize that things are just window dressing with no value other than framing a window or decorating a wall.

I have slowly learned that true and lasting happiness comes from within, not from without.

There is more to life than owning gadgets.

Happiness comes from seeing a rainbow, smelling a rose, cuddling a kitten, holding a baby.

Happiness comes from saying "I Love You."

Happiness comes from putting others first.

Happiness comes from accepting and loving yourself.

This morning I am watching one of my animals take its last breath on earth.

I went in and prayed over her that G-d will see that her suffering is not prolonged.

Being that I am accustomed to witnessing this final act in life whether it be an animal or a human being, I have come to know that this act of dying and death is an intense and extremely private matter.

There are times I have doubt, times when I want to throw in the towel and times when I wonder why there is so much death and destruction, so much savagery, so much confusion and so much chaos on this planet.

And yet from time to time, I get a glimpse of something so much bigger, a spiritual knowing that we're not alone in our struggles.  

There are so many questions I have that I will never receive answers to but that doesn't diminish my profound belief that there are others watching our progress who will, if we just give them permission, step in and help us out.

....as we struggle out of this deep dark dense hole and into the Light.










No comments:

Post a Comment