Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Bears Do It

Den Up

Why do I feel like I'm going into hibernation?    Normally this happens to critters in the Fall (getting ready for Winter) not in the Spring.  Yet, when the sun starts to fade and the lights dim and I'm done with my chores, all I want to do is den up.  Settle down on my sofa, sit in front of a warm fire with my soft and cozy blankie stretched over my head and tucked around me and a glass of wine, hot chocolate or a steaming cup of Earl Grey Tea.   

I'm not feeling threatened in any way but extremely warm, comforted.  There has to be a reason I'm feeling this way (I've never felt this way before) but I can't think of anything at the moment that would make sense.  I'm wondering if I'm picking up on something coming.  Maybe there are subtle changes in our weather that I'm experiencing making me feel this way.

Maybe an ice age on the way?  --Who knows.... 

The body can sense things the mind cannot in an effort to get ready for something it can't see.  Just like birds gorging themselves on seeds before bitterly cold weather or the pregnant, soon-to-be mother cat desperately seeking shelter (because she knows her time is near) or you somehow knowing the phone is going to ring before it rings.

I think the best way to describe what I'm feeling is the word preparation but preparation for what?   

Pay attention to your body, your thoughts and how you're feeling.  They are always signs worth noting even if you have no idea what they mean at the time.
                 ~ Nightshade

No comments:

Post a Comment