Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Monday, September 17, 2018

Dead Oak

A sad Goodbye
One of the hardest things for me is to watch a tree die and oaks in particular.  They die very fast.  It doesn't take months but only weeks to watch as one part of the canopy starts to brown and wither and then creep over the entire tree until all the leaves have withered, curled up and died.     

While photographing it this afternoon, I stood next to a vibrant and healthy oak to get out of the sun when, all of a sudden, I heard it say, "we feel your sadness, too."

I turned and acknowledged this beautiful and quiet giant whose shadow I was standing under and said a quiet, "thank you."   

We humans have so much to learn about our surroundings but never have the time to do so.

If you can, when you can, take the time to listen to the wind, listen to the trees but more importantly, listen to your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment