Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Izzy

~ "The Lord works in mysterious ways, His wonders to behold" ~

September 19, 2022:

I went shopping at my local Walmart.  Nothing out of the ordinary, the sun was still shining, people were coming and going, nothing out of the ordinary.

I think I was there for maybe an hour and then started toward one of the checkout stations.  

As I passed a row of items that were marked down and discontinued is when I spotted something that stopped me in my tracks.

It was a little stuffed animal, turned out to be a Unicorn, soft pink and blue and very cuddly.

And there was only one of them.  

I immediately fell in love with it went over , picked it up and hugged it.

"I have to have this," I said to myself, even continuing to wonder why this little stuffed animal had hit me so hard as I put it in my shopping cart.

Then, in line a few moments later and waiting to check out I had second thoughts, "I don't need this, I said, "this is silly", so I reached into my basket, picked it up and placed it back on a nearby shelf.      

It was several seconds later I had a change of heart.  

"Oh, what the heck, what harm will it do," I muttered as I went back and retrieved it from off the shelf.  


September 20, 2022:

I had fun positioning and repositioning my little Unicorn, placing it on a table where I could see it and it could "see" me or on the back of the sofa, where it would have clear view of its surroundings.  

The day wore on as I did my chores and I would always smile, seeing this little stuffed animal positioned in different areas of my house.


September 21, 2022:

We were having breakfast when I got a frantic text from the neighbor across the street.  It went something like this:  

"OMG, my husband just ran over Izzy.  He didn't see her and she's not breathing.  He's trying to resuscitate her."

My husband and I looked at one another and I texted back, "he'll be right over."  

But before I could even get the text sent another one came in:  "She's gone."

When my husband came back he was visibly shakened as we both loved Izzy as much as the neighbors did.  

After all, it was only 4 weeks prior that we were asked to watch their property and take care of her as they had to make an emergency trip to New Mexico.

It was then we came to know and love Izzy, a little Australian Shepherd stray who wound up choosing their house as her new home.  

My husband and I tried to finish our breakfast but to no avail as a thought had quickly entered my mind:

"I'm going over there and give this little stuffed animal to them.  I think it will help them get through their grief."

My husband agreed so, off I went.  

I stopped the 4-wheeler in their driveway and got off, with the little Unicorn tucked securely under my arm as the wife and daughter headed in my direction.  

They were both crying as they approached me.

"Here, I said, "this is for you."

"For some reason I bought this little thing in Walmart a couple days ago but now I believe it's really meant for you."  

The daughter immediately pulled the little Unicorn out of my arms and cuddled it as the mother thanked me, tears rolling down her cheeks.

I said my goodbyes and headed home.

Then I sat down once again to finish breakfast.  

It wasn't but a few minutes later I received another text.

This time a picture of the little stuffed Unicorn and a clear "close up" of her name tag.

Funny, I thought as I studied the picture, I don't remember any name tag.

It was just then, when I clearly read the name imprinted on the tag that I nearly passed out.

On the little metal tag was the name Isabelle.  

My husband and I gasped out loud.

"What???" we said, in unison.

"Izzy" is a nickname, short for Isabelle which was the name they had given her but preferred to call her Izzy.    

So, God knew what was going to happen before it happened.

He then used me or, directed me or however you want to frame this, into buying a little stuffed animal using Love as the catalyst.          

Just like our love for Izzy, a little stray who unexpectedly showed up and blessed so many people in her short life while here on earth.      

I did not want to compromise my neighbor's location by attaching the photo she texted me, clearly showing the name tag but, instead, am attaching my own photo of the little Unicorn who was sent to help a family transition through their sorrow and grief.               

Isabelle 

P.S.  Just received this text from the family:
"Hey Cindy just wanted to thank you again for the Unicorn you gifted to our daughter.  We put Izzy's collar on it and it's the only thing that's brought her and us any kind of peace since yesterday.
Thank You, Again







No comments:

Post a Comment