Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Passing GaS (Guilt and Shame)

I'm saying this from my own experience.  This is not a clinical analysis and I'm not acting as a medical doctor as I have no medical credentials.  This is my own belief and it is, "You need not fear depression".  It is not here to harm you but is one step in coming to grips with trauma.  It is our subconscious telling us that it's time to uncover whatever it is we've been hiding (repressing).  The body along with the mind starts to come to grips with whatever happened as our soul knows we are now ready and capable of handling the truth.  My heart goes out to all those who are suffering from trauma whether as a result of war, sexual abuse or another.  Trauma is never easy to deal with.    Shame and guilt are closely related and associated with trauma.  It can be the result of something shameful you've done or something insidious that happened to you.  When depression starts to manifest, it's like we're shutting down.  We talk slow, we act slow, we just want to go away somewhere where nobody can find us.  It is the first step that the body and mind are now starting the process of ridding itself of excess dirty laundry.  Look upon depression as a Halfway House--"You're halfway home".  Depression, in my opinion, is actually a form of purification, of cleansing.  Now in our society we tend to look upon depression as something bad.  We talk negatively about it, we fear it, we talk down to it, we over analyze it and then we medicate the hell out of it.  Maybe we should be looking at it from a more positive perspective.  I believe depression is an integral part of our healing process.  Depression shuts down all our outside stimuli, bringing us much deeper into another realm.  We find ourselves floating in a vast deep and dark ocean.  There is no noise, no walls, no floor, no ceiling.  We're just free floating in a vast ocean of nothingness.  From this void, this nothingness, begins our healing.  Remember what G-d hath wrought, "From out of the void (nothingness) did I create All that is."  For all of you suffering today, know that I, too, am suffering right along with you.  It's just that now I'm not afraid anymore to face my truth.  Whether I caused the trauma or whether someone else caused it makes no difference.  It's time I reclaim my life and let the evil genie out of the bottle.     

No comments:

Post a Comment