Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Sunday, August 18, 2019

The Old Man in the Tree



Around 8:30 p.m. on August 16 I was out in the back pasture taking Max out for a run.  I was on my 4-wheeler and we make a long jaunt around the field and then head back to the house.  Nothing out of the ordinary as I turned the machine around and started back.   

There are many old oaks that dart the landscape and they're just that, nothing out of the ordinary but, this time I noticed something extraordinary. 

The setting sun's rays were glowing red as I started to make my turn.  They were shining on this big oak tree which is about eighty feet tall.  It's limbs are heavy and gnarly and sticking out every which way but what got me to come to a full stop was the face that appeared.

I've passed this old tree many, many times seeing nothing out of the ordinary but this time I was at the right place at the right time.

Half way up the tree I noticed a face staring back at me.  The sun's rays had caught the heavy bark at just the right angle and there appeared to be two eyes a nose, a mouth and shaggy bark that actually looked like long hair and a beard.   

The sorry part was I didn't have my cell phone with me.  I was so shocked I could only stare and watch and when I moved in my seat to get a better angle, the eyes seemed to actually follow me (even though the above representation does not appear to have its eyes open). 

By the time I had reached the house the sun was almost out of sight.  I went out a couple days later hoping to catch this phenomena again but it was just too cloudy.

I will continue to try and recreate this event and when I do will post a real photo of the tree and, hopefully, be able to recreate what I experienced.   (See below) 

I'm posting a picture (above) that is as close to what this old man's face looked like.

To say this was a spiritual moment is putting it mildly.

To me this is just one part of the mysterious faerie realm made up of trees, faeries and sprites, sylphs and gnomes and I was invited, for just an moment, to be a participant. 

~ Blessings,
           Nightshade

(See Update of September 5, 2019 entitled "Tree Spirit",





No comments:

Post a Comment