Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Frozen

Cold and Blustery

Monday, November 11, 2019:  The meteorologist said that today was going to be a day for record breaking cold temperatures across the planet.  

A strong and deep, very powerful and frigid air mass was making its way toward us and all the way from Siberia. 

He warned of dropping temps (way below freezing) bottoming out tomorrow morning and blustery wind gusts to 45mph throughout the day.    We're talking in the teens where I am and virtually unheard of for November.    

As I was soon to find out, he wasn't kidding.

I just had a nanny kid on the 10th and was particularly worried about her and her two little ones.

Worked all day, ensuring livestock and poultry were protected.   Put grain out for animals, a heater in the chicken coop, one in the livestock tank, brought wood in for the fireplace, covered tender plants and hydrants, put more hay in the dog houses and another heater in the garage for Pepper, my newest little stray.   

I continued working throughout the day buffeted by horrific wind gusts and dropping temps.  The sky continued to fill with billowing, dark clouds.     

That night I lay in bed and listened to the wind blowing the trees and hitting the house.  It continued to bluster and blow until this morning, (November 12, 2019) not subsiding and winding down until the wee hours.   I was particularly concerned for my livestock.   

This morning, I sat up in bed and watched the sunrise.  What a welcome sight after last night as its warmth slowly crept over the landscape, warming everything and everyone. 

I could finally go out and check on my animals. 

The goats were out of their shelters and facing east soaking up the sun warming their bodies after a very windy and frigid night.   

Now I could sit down and enjoy my first cup of coffee.

Thank You, G-d.  

   






 

No comments:

Post a Comment