Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Try Prayer


Does your brain keep muttering?  It's like my brain is on overdrive.

You're trying to concentrate on just getting through your day but your brain isn't cooperating.  It's got a mind of its own and operating in high gear.

"What do I have for dinner?  I need to talk to my daughter about a problem  but she refuses to talk to me.  How am I going to meet that deadline my boss just saddled me with?  I have a speech to give tomorrow night and I haven't even started."

How do you keep yourself from going crazy, today?  We are faced with so many distractions and interruptions that can slow us down or reroute us entirely.

One thing I like to do is repeat something.  I just keep repeating it over and over until my brain quiets down and I'm able to concentrate. 

It can be a phrase or something you've heard or a prayer.  

My personal favorite is The Lord's Prayer.  It puts into perspective who is in charge of my day and who is not.          

Our Father
Who Art in Heaven
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Thy Kingdom Come
Thy Will Be Done
On Earth
As it is in Heaven
And Forgive Us Our Trespasses
As We Forgive Those
Who Trespass Against Us
And Lead Us Not into Temptation
But Deliver Us From Evil
For Thine is the Kingdom
And the Power
And the Glory, Forever,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment