Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Sunday, January 20, 2019

For the Life of Me




This morning I'm trying to keep a kid goat alive.  She was born on January 15 and was strong and healthy.  Today I found her lying by herself, cold and not moving.  It's not helping with cold rain, 40 mph winds and frigid temps even though they have shelter, plenty of water and food. 

It could be she was stepped on, I'll never know.

She's in the house with me lying in front of a heater and I'm warming up blankets in the dryer for her.  When these things happen, you stay with the animal to the end, no matter the outcome.   

When we all can agree that animals lives are just as precious as human lives and deserve nurturing and protection, I think this world will be a better place but there are lots of people out there who don't see it this way.

Animals feel no pain and if they do, so what?  Animals have no souls and if they die, so what? 

Many animals are raised as pets but even more are raised for slaughter.  We do not have any humane slaughter facilities in this country that I know of. 

And right now it appears that animals aren't the only ones being left to die but human babies as well and, whom, I believe, are faring far worse.   

All I can do, on my end, is do the work the L-rd has laid upon me and that's taking care of animals and seeing to their welfare.

Today I woke up just like every other day.  This little animal woke up to a completely different set of circumstances.  She has been laying out in the cold for G-d knows how long.  If I can get her body temp up I think she has a chance.

Each day we all wake up to the Unknown.  We count on our lives being normal and this is known as the normalcy bias as we go about the making breakfast, getting kids off to school and leaving for work.  We never really give our day a second thought as we never consider something dreadful and unexpected happening.

Why, we're all betting that everything will go as planned.

We don't know that sometimes things can occur that throw us off track and interfere with our normal routine.  

Such is what happened to this little animal.  One day she's perfectly healthy (to be expected) and then a few days later I find her lying out in the cold, close to death. 

Today, please take the time to count your blessings and acknowledge that you are in control of your life but only up to a certain point.  

The rest is courtesy of the Unknown.

     ~ Nightshade

---
1/22/19:  Update:  We named her Angel and she's standing and drinking.  When we first got her in we were putting warm blankets under her and on top of her.  We had to change them as soon as they cooled off or else they would have no affect.  As soon as she was able, we started her on electrolytes to provide the water and nutrients she needed and then formula.  Small amounts at first and then she was up to two oz.  She is standing and walking, albeit still feeble but she's making progress.  We feel blessed that we were able to bring this little one literally back from the brink of death to where she is alive and taking nourishment.  Will post a picture as soon as I can.

1/23/19:  Update:  Well, all was going well but something went wrong.  I think Angel may have had some internal issues we were unaware of.  She passed away sometime early this morning.  I took her out of her crate last night and wrapped her in a baby blanket and talked to her while she cradled in my arms.  The minute I put her back down to go to sleep she whimpered.  I am glad I had this time with her.

~ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS IN THE EYES OF GOD~ 









 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment