Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Monday, April 10, 2017

Curious Alice


I don't know what's happening lately but I'll post my experiences anyway.  I'm missing a lot of time lately not to mention objects.  It could be a day or two (and sometimes more) and yes, I'm aware that it could be the first signs of Dementia and I'll consider that but don't think so.  This missing time doesn't happen on a regular basis but has happened enough times to catch my attention.  Things are getting curiouser and curiouser.  I'm very organized and punctual with labeling manila envelopes and putting receipts away but I'll be damned, that receipt I just had in my hand is missing.  I know I set in on the table but for the life of me, I don't remember doing so and yet, I know I did.  The ring I was wearing the other day (and I've searched high and low for it) is not in its little red box where I normally put it but, it too is now missing.  (And, no it's not in the refrigerator).  I feel I'm being hard pressed for time; I feel myself having to get things done in a hurry as if some unseen force was pushing me from behind.  I'm chugging food down quickly as if I'm running out of time.  I've never experienced this before.  I believe there are things we still do not understand nor not yet discovered that will point the way to unraveling the many mysteries of our earthly existence, life in general, the passage of time and other curious things.  I look at the clock in wonderment and wonder where the day went as it's now time to come in and cook dinner.  There is something funny with the atmosphere when I walk out and look at the trees and plants on a sunny day.  It's like some kind of faery dust is in the air, making for a soft and muted look.   I think I'll go up into the attic and retrieve the book "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carrol to see if Alice has any clues as to what is going on.  Remember, she tumbled down the rabbit hole and encountered a new existence.  Maybe the rabbit hole was really a worm hole.  Something to ponder.  Curious, isn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment