Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Book Worm

"The boundaries which divide life are shadowy and vague.  Who shall say where one ends and the other begins"?


 
Edgar Allan Poe
~
Halloween came early this year.  While standing at my kitchen stove heating up some soup, I glanced into the adjacent hallway.  I thought I had seen something in there.  The hallway is about 15' long with a floor to ceiling bookcase the length of the hallway on the right and a dark oak built in storage unit on the left.  I have all kinds of books stacked in there, those I've read and those I'm planning to read.  It's kinda a catch all room where there are canned goods, trinkets, old sheet music, herb seeds, keys, lost earrings, etc.   Things appear and disappear according to need.  There's a door at the far end that opens into another room and is closed most of the time so there is an absence of light.  So, what was it that prompted me to look there in the first place?  I caught something out of the corner of my eye and wanted to see what it was.  Turned out it was sun beams on the hallway ceiling, filtering in through the glass panel on the front door.  After enjoying them for a few moments, my eyes were slowly drawn to the top of the ceiling in the left hand corner.  Suspended in mid air was a shrouded figure covered in gray.    The picture (above) depicts as close as I could come to an illustration.  All I could see were just three quarters of this apparition, the head, shoulders and torso.  There were no arms protruding.  The material covering it had a knobby look to it and badly shredded as if one had taken a sharp knife and slashed through it.  Think of the specter in the movie, "A Christmas Carol" and you'll get some sense of what I'm describing.  For some reason, unbeknownst to me, I was not surprised at all that this was happening and handled it in a matter of fact way.  I did not feel threatened or fearful in any way.  I instinctively knew it meant me no harm and also that it was just observing me as I was observing it.  Being that the head was completely covered, I could see no facial features other than a slight protuberance where a nose would be.  It is interesting that these apparitions, ghosts, entities, appear in corners.  I've never read the explanation for this but there are many accounts of people who have seen them.  Watching this figure lasted for about 15 seconds and then it simply, faded away.    Why it showed up now and for what reason I'll ever know but in a peculiar, sacred and morbid sort of way I felt blessed.  I'm hoping it will make another appearance.  Maybe it was interested in one of my books, who knows.  I'll understand if what I just posted doesn't sit well with others or makes no sense whatsoever.  That's okay.  This is just another example of the different realms that make up the universe.  Most of the time we never see these things but every so often the veil between worlds becomes thin enough for us to make contact with one another.  I will post a link to several articles about shadow people and ghosts and the experiences others have had with this phenomenon.   If nothing else, it will make for some interesting reading.  

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/03/the-lurking-shadow-people/
https://www.thoughtco.com/shadow-people-2596772
http://www.americas-most-haunted.com/2016/10/31/halloween-symbols-ghosts-spirits/
http://www.paranormalsource.com/?p=138

No comments:

Post a Comment