Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

You are a Sun Flower

I am fascinated by window blinds.

This is the result of my experience at the age of three after having my tonsils removed.

I remember, vividly, standing in my crib in a darkened hospital room.

I have often wondered why they kept my room so dark.      

Behind my crib was a window.

Just outside my room I could hear noise and bustling as people talked with one another, walking back and forth down a long hallway.  

The window was covered in old faded. dusty pale yellow blinds that were made of wide slats, not the narrow, designer kinds available today.

The lights from the outside peeked through the blinds and displayed themselves on the walls and the floor of my room.

I remember watching, transfixed, as the bands of rays mysteriously appeared and then happily following them as they splayed across the floor and crept slowly, making their way up the wall.    

I heard the door open.

A nurse came in dressed all in white with a cap with dark bands.

She didn't turn on the light but made her way across the floor to my crib, the light from the hallway illuminating behind her.

She had some ice cream in a cup and offered it to me.

It was cold and helped numb the back of my throat.

It tasted good.

I immediately threw up.

She came back in and cleaned me up and changed my sheets.

She then gave me some ice in a little cup.  

I chewed on the pieces.  It soothed my throat and felt good.

I was in my room for a few days and grew fond it and the sun as my companion.

My room was quiet and warm, soothing and comforting as I stood quietly in my crib, watching rays of sunshine making their way across my room, slowly penetrating the darkness.

We are all sun flowers, rays of sunshine penetrating the darkness as we continue to make our way, transiting through the darkness, on Life's Journey.

Know that you are loved and have help while here.

There are angels and spirit who are here to lighten your load and light your path when it is most dark.

Sunflowers are here.

There is no reason to fear.  

   






No comments:

Post a Comment