Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Stay Tuned


I've had a wonderful feeling of peace these last few days and don't know where it's coming from.

But I sure hope it sticks around.

And, all the while I've been thinking of you lately..."why haven't you come by to pay me a visit"?

I miss you.    

I miss our chats, your "bonking me over the head every so often), our conversations and our studies,

Well, yesterday evening turned out to be extraordinary, to say the least.

It started out ordinary but ended up anything but.

I was sitting on the sofa watching t.v. and flipping the channels.

Every so often I start at the top and work my way down.

As my fingers were doing the walking, a little old lady with snow white hair popped onto the t.v. screen.

She definitely grabbed my attention.

She was cooking up something in her kitchen and reminded me of my mother-in-law so I thought I'd watch awhile.  

She was making a dish of something and I could just smell the wonderful aroma wafting through my living room.

I watched in amusement while she busied herself with spices, cooking oil and baking dishes, a no-nonsense type, completely in control as she chatted amiably with the viewer, looking directly into the camera.      

Aha, a Jewish cooking channel.

I had just happened upon a little old Jewish Bubbe (Yiddish for "Grandmother) making Kugel in her kitchen.

Interesting, I thought as I was now glued to the t.v., I wonder....

I had the most comforting feeling that this was no accident.

I had purposely been directed to this channel.

I've never seen it before nor even knew it existed.

I believe it was my friend coming through, in answer to my question...."why haven't you come by to pay me a visit?"

This was his way of showing up and letting me know that even though he had passed, he was still around me.

This was his way of answering my question.

"Aha", I said, this is your way of answering my question, isn't it?"

I could only imagine him shaking his head in a firm yes, his eyes twinkling and merry with amusement.

"Of course it is."

He had (and still does have) a wonderful sense of humour.

He was just letting me know that even though he is physically gone his soul is still with me.

I said to him, "thank you for paying me a visit."  "This was a memorable evening."

I love you and miss you, Rabbi.  

---
http://mosheyess.blogspot.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment