Fulfillment ~ "2023, a Year of Goodbyes"

Monday, March 28, 2016

Frost and Fog

I had to cover the plants last night as it would be close to freezing this morning.    

Early this morning I walked outside, stooped down and ran my hands through the frosty cold, wet grass.

I remember running barefoot across a frosty lawn in the Midwest.  

Of course you can't keep doing this too long as your feet will definitely let you know!

As I slowly stand up and look around me, I see that fog has started to creep in.

It is a silent pursuer and resilient in blanketing everything in its path.

Slowly my mundane world has morphed into a wondrous one.

Do you ever wonder how fog is made?

Do  you ever wonder where frost comes from?

Do you ever wonder why you would go outside and excitedly run your hand through some cold grass?

Well, isn't grass a sort of hair that covers everything?

I will never lose my reverence and awe for nature.

So, if I run my hand through grass isn't that like sort of caressing someone's hair?

These questions may seem silly but they really help to gain a perspective on life.

It's only when we grow older that we are taught to put away childish things and start thinking like an adult.

Well then, that just goes to show you, I never really grew up.









No comments:

Post a Comment